If you become ill or have an accident and seek treatment from a doctor, a general practitioner (Hausarzt) will be your first port of call. if you need medical attention for non-life-threatening health problems at the weekend or in the evening when medical practices are closed, you can call 116 117. 

Emergency numbers in Germany:

  • 112: Emergency medical services and fire brigade
  • 110: Police
  • 116 117: Out-of-Hours Medical Care

Asylum seekers with health insurance also have access to medical services. They need a voucher or cerificate ("Krankenschein") from the competent authority. For further information please contact the accomodation administration or social services.

Further information: